Equestrian girls, we are a unique breed and pretty easy to spot.
1. Your social life is restricted to hanging out with friends at shows and clinics and dates with your boyfriend/partner (if they are lucky).
2. You have an agreement with your partner that if they are to make a proposal of marriage they will offer you an engagement horse rather than a ring.
3. When most girls were dreaming about their wedding day you were dreaming about your Grand Prix debut.
4. Your dream car is a Dodge Ram 1500.
6. High flow diesel is one of your favourite things in life.
7. You know that life would be simpler if breeches were considered ‘professional dress’.
8. You wouldn’t dare deviate from your strict 5week shoeing schedule for your equine partner but your shoes are at least two years old (and maybe they’re even falling apart).
9. Your horse owns your money.
10. You didn’t think twice about paying $800 for your bespoke made to measure Celeris boots (you know they are an investment), but $100 for jeans seems pretty ridiculous.
11. You are seriously considering a petition to your local TV station to have the football coverage replaced with coverage of the Longines World Cup.
12. Your partner knows to add at least two hours on to whatever time you told them you’d be back from the barn.
14. When someone mentions protection your first thought is about bandages, brush boots and shipping boots.
15. The closest your nails get to a mani/pedi is being chopped off nice and short to keep the dirt out from underneath them. Besides long nails are errr impractical…
16. Your wardrobe is 3/4s breeches and shirts from your favourite brand.
Until next time xo AP.